At Huawei Developer Conference 2020 Zhang Pingan, president of Huawei Consumer Business Cloud Services, announced the official launch of the Huawei search engine, which will make users of Huawei and Honor completely forget about Google search engine. Zhang Pingan added that the search engine is designed mainly for users of mobile devices Huawei. Currently, the search engine covers more than 170 countries and regions and supports more than 50 languages.
Earlier Huawei launched the search engine Petal Search, which was developed by the Chinese giant and released in App Gallery. But the search content mainly comes from outside partners, including Qwant, the largest search engine in Europe, and Yandex, the largest search engine in Russia.
Currently, “Smart Search” on Huawei smartphones can work in several categories:
- “Local” can search for contacts, text messages, notes and so on;
- “Integrated” search in all categories, including news, video, music, applications and so on;
- Internet search corresponds to Baidu;
- “Applications” specifically for searching applications;
- “Video” and “Music” search in Huawei Video and Huawei Music respectively.