Digital version of Playstation 5 without an optical drive costs $100 cheaper, but it is almost impossible to buy

Digital version of Playstation 5 without an optical drive costs $100 cheaper, but it is almost impossible to buy

Not so long ago, Sony announced prices for two versions of the next generation console PlayStation 5. According to the company, the “digital version” will be sold at a price of $ 400, with a version with a Blu-ray Ultra HD drive will appear on the shelves at $ 500. However, sources say the digital version will not be easy to buy because of the limited stock of Blu-ray Ultra HD.

Information from various retailers comes in that Sony is preparing a lot more senior versions of PlayStation 5. For example, sources from the GameStop network report that PlayStation 5 accounts for only 24% of the initial batch, while the remaining 76% will get the older version. In different stores, the share of digital version of PlayStation 5 is a maximum of 33% and in some cases is reduced to 13%.

The situation is repeated in the Canadian market. BestBuy Canada has 19,000 pre-orders for the PlayStation 5 with optical drive and 3,000 for the digital version of the console. In other words, the share of the digital version is about 13%.

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan previously stated, “Currently, we do not disclose the stock levels for the digital version of the PS5 and the optical drive version. However, we will produce the required number of digital versions to meet market demand. We will try to predict the market demand in different versions as much as possible.

On November 12, the console will appear in such countries as USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea. In the rest of the world PlayStation 5 will start selling on November 19.


No more posts
No more posts