Simultaneously with the Sony a7C full-frame mirrorless camera, a lens was introduced that takes full advantage of the Sony a7C’s compact size. This is the FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 – according to the manufacturer, “the smallest and lightest full-frame zoom lens”.
Among the advantages of the lens also include protection against dust and moisture, which promotes everyday use, and a relatively large maximum magnification, which adds versatility. The lens has a linear focusing actuator that is compatible with Sony’s latest tracking autofocus features.
Specifications of Sony FE 28-60mm F4-5.6 lens:
- Focal length is 28-60mm;
- Maximum aperture is f/4.0-f/5.6;
- Minimum aperture is f/22-f/32;
- Optical circuit – 8 elements in 7 groups, including 3 aspherical elements;
- Number of diaphragm blades – 7;
- Minimum focusing distance – 0.30 m;
- Maximum magnification – 0,16x;
- Setting diameter of filters – 40.5 mm;
- Diameter – 67 mm;
- Length – 45 mm;
- Weight – 167 g.
It is expected that the lens will be available separately in early 2021 at a price of $ 500. Complete with the Sony a7C camera, it is expected to go on sale at the end of 2020. This kit is valued at $2,100 by the manufacturer.