Samyang introduced the AF 35mm f/1.8 FE full-frame AF autofocus lens, which will also be available under the Rokinon brand. Its optical design includes two ultra-low dispersion and two aspherical elements to suppress chromatic and spherical aberrations, resulting in high sharpness throughout the frame.
Ultra Multi-Coating helps to increase contrast and reduce the risk of glare and halo when shooting against light. A linear motor ensures fast, quiet and accurate focusing. The focus ring can be used both for manual focus correction and for selecting camera settings and exposure, for which a special mode switch is available.
Specifications for the Samyang AF 35mm f/1.8 FE lens:
- The focal length is 35mm (ESP 52.5mm when used with APS-C-format cameras);
- Optical circuit – 10 elements in 8 groups;
- Aperture – f/1.8-f/22;
- Minimum focusing distance – 0,29 m;
- Maximum magnification – 0,17x;
- Number of diaphragm blades – 9, rounded;
- Filter setting diameter – 58 mm;
- Diameter – 65 mm;
- Length – 63,5 mm;
- Weight – 210 g.
This lens costs 399 dollars. For comparison, a similar Sony FE 35mm F1.8 lens, which appeared on sale about a year ago, costs about 700 euros.