Zhong Yi Optics has launched two new lens options for the Mitakon Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2, introduced in 2015. These are versions with Nikon Z and Canon RF mounts.
The full-frame lens focuses manually. The aperture control ring rotates without clicking, making the lens well suited for video. A large maximum aperture makes it easy to separate the main subject from the background and enhances low-light capabilities. Portrait photography is the lens’s main application area.
Technical data of Mitakon Speedmaster 85mm f/1.2 lens:
- Focal length is 85mm;
- Field of view angle – 29°;
- Optical circuit – nine elements in six groups, including two ED elements and four elements with high refractive index;
- Diaphragm – f/1,2-f/16;
- Number of diaphragm blades – 11;
- Minimum focusing distance – 1 m;
- Maximum magnification – 0,09x;
- Filter setting diameter – 77 mm.
- Approximate lens price – $650.